Wednesday, June 07, 2006

survived

Well, we all survived yesterday's doomsday prediction. No devils, no anti-christ, no fire and brimstone.....just a bad remake of, "The Omen". Gregory Peck could never be replaced...Lee Remick, either. I won't even bother seeing this movie. However, I do like Mia Farrow......especially in, "Rosemary's Baby". Excellent film!

In news from our homefront.....

I've learned two songs on the guitar. "Wonderful Tonight", by Eric Clapton and "Hurt", by Johnny Cash. (original by Nine Inch Nails)
I can do a lot of riffs, but am having some problems with barre chords. My fingers have a mind of their own! Practice, practice, practice.

I have a new little pet plant to tell you about. Her name is Ophelia, she's a venus fly trap! I made a terrarium for her, (yes I did do some research) and she's thriving so far. She loves the yummy bugs that I feed her.......I'm so amazed with this plant......it's something right out of a science fiction movie! You can buy them at Home Depot.....IF and WHEN they are in stock. It seems I'm not the only bug eating plant enthusiast! A great plant project for the kiddies...they'll get a big kick out it!

I have a rant.
Why is it that every where you go, just about everyone has their ear glued to their cell phone? What the hell is everyone talking about anyway? How in the world did these people get along before cell phones? It boggles the mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home