Monday, December 11, 2006

Tis the season to be jolly?

I'm trying to be........really I am!
Gift giving will be a bust for us yet again this year. No extra money equals no gifts. 'nuff said on that subject.
The worst news is that my Mom might have breast cancer.......AGAIN. She has to go in for more tests so they can be sure. She has been a breast cancer survivor for 7 years this month.
Second worst news is that my MIL has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkins disease. She also lost one of her breasts to cancer 31 years ago.
Santa, could this be a plot to make me crazy?


I confess, there has been some good things also. Hubby and I had an all expense paid weekend in Atlantic City for our birthdays.
Our son treated us to an Eagles vs Titans game at the Linc. My FIRST outing to a professional football game!
AND....my son and I had a special date. He took me to a Flyers Hockey game against the Washington Capitals.
Oh I had so much fun! I was in awe at these stadiums and all the people. I was just like a kid who witnessed these things for the first time.
See.....I have had an anxiety disorder. It's called GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder). For most of my life I was pretty much homebound for fear of panic attacks. Four years ago I sought help with medication.
I am a new person now.....thankfully. I can now enjoy life and all that it offers.
Thank you, Dr. Pearson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home