Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hurt

Yesterday I finally transfered my Dad's cremains to a nice urn. I was so afraid of spilling "him", but the transfer when off without a hitch. I hope he approves of his new resting place. ((Dad))
Also, I have begun to read my Dad's journals that are contained in two boxes that I received from the prison after his death. How lucky can a daugher be with a Father that kept journals?? Amazing! It's taken me a few years to be able do this because of the pain in my heart.
The journals are awesome! They are so creative and full of insights....I am at a loss for words. There's a man behind those writings that I never knew. How sad is that? I shake my head in regret and on the other hand, I am filled with love and wonder.
This will be a journey for me.......a special bond with my Dad whom I loved with all of my heart and soul.
Thank you, Dad, for leaving me with something that I can treasure forever and ever!
I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Island Queen said...

Journals are such a wonderful piece of yourself to leave for future generations. Do you keep one?

Glad to see you back! Love ya!

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home